Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Her

I miss her.
Her smile.
Her vivacity.
Her gentle touch.

***

I like rain.
Rain as it falls.
Rain as it batters.
Rain as it coalesces.

Big puddles.
Small droplets.
Mere, trickle.
Merely water.

Ah, the breeze.
The occasional chill.
The crackling.
And shocking luminosity.

What beauty
Of nature at work.

***

I like rain.
Like its preface.
Like its revelation.
Like its epilogue.

I like rain; its arrival.
Like it as I laze on my bed.
Like it when I listen to sad songs.
Like it after I cry.

I like rain.
Because it put things into perspective.

***

Rain washes away my sadness.
Rain cleanses my soul.
Rain speaks of redemption.
As it does of hope and renewal.
It speaks to me.
Of life, and of living.

Alas, I understand.
No matter how bad I feel,
There is beauty in this world
That has never forsaken me.
And where there is beauty,
Goodness is never far behind.

***

I miss her -
I still do.
The her I know.
The real her.




Sorrow

In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all,
And it often comes with bitter agony.
Perfect relief is not possible,
Except with time.

You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better.
But this is not true.
You are sure to be happy again.

Knowing this,
Truly believing it,
Will make you less miserable now.

I have had enough experience to make this statement.

-- Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home